Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Under construction...

The site is still very much under construction, but stay tuned for a most interesting case study on one of the most popular Classifieds utilized on the world wide web. 

One particular portion of the site that has always intrigued me is "Casual Encounters." There you will find one of the raunchiest requests for no-strings-attached (known as NSA) rendezvous', fetishes and pretty much anything else you can think of. Some even include genitalia photography! But, I've always wondered... does anyone ever respond to these ads?

Behold, the Craigslist Experiment. I will post several different types of posts in the Casual Encounters section, in different demographics with varying degrees of raunchiness, and see if any of the ad's generate a response.  I will chronicle the results here via prose and illustrations, with my own renditions of what these people look like, based on my own personal intuitions. I will also examine the posts by other people and try to understand the thought process behind Casual Encounters and research whether or not human sexuality has really been reduced to such an informal ritual.

No comments: